Saturday 31 January 2015

Day 1: Realisaton

Even though I started to hangout at the Kivy IRC 10 days ago. I have still have fixed zero bugs , understand the core functions only in bits and parts and still haven't got a handle on event handling. So , I decided to check out the applications of the previous years GSoC participants and got really depressed , cause most of them were too good for me to understand and the people submitting them had way more experience than me, they did not even get selected !! (I couldn't find the winning applicants application) and so I decided to do this blog to make things that are jumbled inside my head clear and also to provide a way to measure my progress and skill (for myself at-least).

My chances are slim but still I will contribute six hours a day (till the date when mentor organizations get selected) for the following reasons:
1) Experience : Working on an actual open-source project and a college project have a huge difference. This will benefit me in the long run, and will also look good on my resume(probably if they miss to note the I tried and failed part).
2) To say I tried my best(no regrets).
3) I will gain some level of skill in python and event handling.
4) It will teach me some working etiquette (specially for large lose hierarchy organizations) .
more.... as I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment